Client will not wash the hair for 48 to 72 hours after extensions are installed. Client will not put conditioner on their bonds and will ensure the conditioner remains 2” away from the scalp.
Client will dry hair by wrapping it in a towel to absorb water, and will never dry using a scrubbing action.
Client will use Sulfate Free, Paraben Free and Alcohol Free products on the hair to maintain its integrity.
WASHING YOUR HAIR
- Before shampooing, brush the hair to separate the extensions.
- Shampoo with warm water while standing upright, using your fingers to comb through the hair.
- Shampoo near the scalp, using excess shampoo through the ends. If you use too much shampoo the ends, it can strip the natural oils from the hair.
- Do not shampoo the hair more than every 3 days. We recommend washing your hair at least once a week.
- After you have rinsed out the shampoo, remove excess moisture by gently squeezing the hair. With wavy or curly hair, scrunch the hair in an upward motion for the same results.
- Apply conditioner 2” away from scalp.
- Conditioner can adversely affect the extension bond which can lead to slippage. Focus the conditioner on the ends of the hair.
- Rinse Conditioner out with cool water.
- Towel dry the hair by patting the hair.
- With wavy or curly hair, scrunch the hair in an upward motion for the best results.
STYLING YOUR HAIR
To brush or comb the hair, it is recommended that you use a loop brush or wide tooth comb. When brushing the hair, you will want to start by detangling the ends and working your way up.
The hair can be styled using heat tools, such as blow dryers, hair straighteners, and curling irons. It is recommended that you use a professional grade heat protectant when using heat. We do not recommend excessive use of heat tools.
Using a lower heat setting will help you avoid drying out the hair.
Utilize moisturizing products, as the hair is no longer attached to a live follicle and requires additional moisture and protection to maintain the natural oils in the hair.
SLEEPING WITH EXTENSIONS
Brush out the hair prior to laying down to remove any tangles.
With long extensions, it is recommended that you braid or put up the hair while you are sleeping.
Let the hair fully dry prior to laying down. Going to sleep with wet hair can cause matting and tangling.
Wrapping the hair in a piece of silk or using a silk pillowcase will help reduce frizz and tangles, but is not required.
SWIMMING WITH EXTENSIONS
For the best results, you will want to wet your hair with clean water, apply a small amount of conditioner, and pull the hair back prior to swimming. This will create a protective layer between your hair and the harsh chemicals of the pool.
It is important to wash and clarify the hair with shampoo and conditioner immediately after swimming. A deep conditioner may be necessary depending on how dry the hair is.